Monday, December 22, 2008

Drake is finally here!

Can you believe it? Drake finally decided to be born after growing in my tummy for 40 weeks and 2 days. It was quite a long process, but definitely all worth it. I went into labor Wednesday (12-17-08) at four in the morning. I had a feeling that it would be somewhat of a long labor so we waited around at our house until my water broke at one in the afternoon. Chris and I went into the hospital, got admitted and a couple hours later I was put on pittosin because I wasn't progressing very fast. Fast forward to four in the morning on Thursday (12/18/2008) when I was finally able to push. After an hour of pushing and Drake's heart rate dropping after every contraction the doctors decided to do a C-section. Once they pulled Drake out they knew they made the right decision because of how big he was. Drake Arthur Anderson was born on Thursday December 18th, 2008 at 5:30 am. Exactly one week before Christmas. He weighed 8 pounds and 3 ounces and is 20 inches long.
Me at 40 weeks. I can't believe that Drake fit in there.
Chris and I leaving for the hospital to meet Drake.


Chris is all ready to watch the C-section. Isn't he a stud in his jump suit. I don't know what I would have done without him in the operating room with me.

Drake is a perfect baby! He looks alot like Chris! He is also pretty calm for the most part. He of course wants to keep me up during the night but hopefully we will change that soon. Chris and I are totally amazed by him and the amazing feeling of being parents. We will never forget this last week but are excited to be home and somewhat back to reality. Thanks to everyone who came and kept us company in the hospital. Please feel free to stop by to visit us any time!

We have some more good news to share! Chris got accepted to the Medical School of Wisconsin! We found out the day after Drake was born. It was definitely a good week last week. I am so proud of Chris, he has worked so hard and for so long! We still are hoping to go to school at the U but at least we have a back up now. Chris can also be a little more picky with the interviews he goes to. He doesn't have to go to every interview that is offered to him anymore and that will save us a lot of money! So if all else fails, it looks like we will be off to Milwaukee, Wisconsin next fall.

8 comments:

Destrie Jensen said...

Holy cow jenna! that picture of you in all black, how is your belly even hanging on? It's GINORMOUS!! Love you both and it's exciting to know that chris got accepted somewhere already! Your little boy is adorbale! that one pic that is just of drake and he is looking right at the camera, adorable!!! Cant wait to see you guys again soon!

Unknown said...

Congradulations guys! He is adorable and we can't wait to meet him. Also, that is awesome that Chris was accepted to Wisconsin! Hopefully we get to see you guys soon! Merry Christmas!

Nicole said...

He is such a little cutie! You'll be amazed how fast he grows. Congratulations on Drake's birth and Chris's acceptance to Wisconsin! Two awesome things, a lot to celebrate.

Teisa Linscott said...

I Heart Drake!!!!

Whitney said...

Congrats you guys! Drake is such a beautiful baby. I am excited for you both, parenthood is the best and you guys look like a perfect little family!

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

We love our little Drake! Congrats again, guys!

Ryan and Katie Poulsen said...

Congrats!! Busy week but I am sure well worth it. He is so cute!

We are 3. said...

Congrats on Drake and the medical school! I actually live in Milwaukee, so if you guys did come out here, you would at least kinda know someone!!