Friday, March 30, 2012

My Mini Diaper Drive

I just wanted to thank those of you who donated to my diaper drive. In January I decided I wanted to do a little diaper drive. I had recently heard that some moms have to ration the amount of diaper's they use which causes them to only let their child have one diaper a day. Can you imagine? There are many government assistance programs for food, health insurance, etc., but there is nothing for diapers. We all know that diapers get expensive very quickly so I decided I wanted to do something to help. I figured the Milwaukee Woman's Center would be the perfect place to donate these diapers. And they were more than happy to take them! So thank you for donating! I really appreciate it and I know the moms and kids at the Center appreciate it also. I am thinking that I will do this again next year so hopefully I will be able to donate a little bit more. This time we got around 800 diapers! Maybe we can make it 1000 next year?

No comments: