Sunday, June 3, 2012

Road Trip - Moab

 Okay, there are a lot of pictures on this post, just so you know.  We finally got into Utah and met up with my parents in Moab.  Sad to say, even though we lived in Utah for 20+ years this was my first time to Moab and Chris's first time in Arches National Park.  We spent a day at Arches and the next morning in Canyonlands National Park.  They are both amazing and we had so much fun there.  And it was so good to spend some time with my parents!  Drake loves them so much and he just adores my dad.  Drake did not let me dad have one bit of down time while we were there.  Making up for lost time I guess. 

"look at this cool place!"

Chris and Drake climbing at Balanced Rock

My parents and Sonja at Balanced Rock




Yep, that is us up there.  I think some of the people there thought we were nuts to climb up there with our kids.  Actually, we probably were.....

My dad, Drake and Chris at Delicate Arch

By the time we got up to Delicate Arch Sonja was so tired so as you can see she wasn't too happy.

She fell asleep not long after we started our hike back down.  Cute girl!

Best buds!


Just the girls!




My dad and me.


Having some fun in a little cave

Thanks mom and dad!  We had so much fun in Moab!  Hopefully we will go back there soon.  Next stop, Salt Lake City - finally!!!

No comments: