Sunday, May 26, 2013

Moving to Indiana

 We are so lucky to have such amazing families!  My parents and Chris's parents helped us pack up our whole house and load up our truck (which we completely filled).  Then my mom and Chris's dad drove down to Indiana with us to help us unload.  Chris's brother Matt and his wife met us here and were also a ton of help.  I am pretty sure Chris and I would still be unpacking if we didn't have everyone's help.  We are extremely grateful for how loving and supportive our families are.  We miss them so much and cherish our time with them.  So thank you to both of our families!  We love you all and miss you so much.  Anyways, we are now settled in our house and are in love with it.  The neighborhood we are in has a park, pool and tons of walking paths that are around little ponds.  I really think (mostly hope) that this is going to be a great place for us.  Hopefully we will start meeting people soon.  Now we have a little bit of time to explore our new home before Chris starts work.  Here are a few pictures.  With all the craziness I didn't get as many pictures of the kids with everyone as I would have liked.  I totally missed out of pictures of my mom and the kids and only got one of Matt, Alissa and the kids. I totally failed!  Good thing my parents and Chris's parents will be back out here at the end of July for the baby.  Then I will definitely get more pictures!

Drake and my dad


Lani, Drake and Sonja
Lani and Sonja

My Dad and Sonja

Alissa, Sonja, Drake and Matt

 We have a lake and state park about 5 minutes from our house, it is absolutely beautiful!:





 On Saturday we decided to go to downtown Indianapolis to do a little exploring. We new the Indy 500 starts on Sunday but we did not know that there was a enormous parade to kick it off in the middle of downtown.  We lucked out by getting there right before it started and snagged a decent parking spot.  This parade was huge!  It featured all the Indy 500 drivers, had a bunch of huge balloons, some actors (which was kind of weird and pointless) and had Olympians Shawn Johnson and Jordyn Weiber (I was pretty pumped to see them, haha). 
Star Wars!!! I have to say this was pretty awesome!
 

Drake was so excited to see Spider Man and Hulk.  This was definitely his highlight of the day.




No comments: