Thursday, June 17, 2010

My blog is Carbon Neutral!!!!

So I stumbled across a blog that talked about making your blog carbon neutral. Apparently visiting websites releases carbon dioxide into the air (about 0.02g per visit). Harvard University physicist Alexander Wissner-Gross, PhD conducted research on this and came to the conclusion that assuming an average blog gets 15,000 visits a month, it has yearly carbon dioxide emissions of 8lb. So a company in Germany, "Make it green" has set up a program called "My blog is carbon neutral". They will plant a tree for you if you write a short post on their program. (The link to their website is http://www.kaufda.de/umwelt/carbon-neutral/how-you-can-join/.



So if you are interested in having your blog go green, there are just a few steps you have to take:
  1. Write a blog post about the initiative + insert your favorite button
  2. E-mail the link to your post to CO2-neutral@kaufda.de
  3. They'll plant a tree for your blog in Plumas’!





2 comments:

Teisa Linscott said...

I copy and pasted to my blog.... sorry... and thanks.

Michelle said...

I just want to know....who gets 15,000 hits a month?