Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wow Moments


Becoming a parent brings many "wow" moments.
Drake has continually "wow"ed me for the past 2+ years,
and now Sonja is just as amazing.
But I have to say,
the most amazing wow moment I have had so far is seeing the two of them together.
Drake is so sweet to her.
He loves her so much and is already taking care of her and protecting her.
He talks to her all the time.
He gives her about a million kisses a day.
When Sonja is crying, he says "don't worry sweet pea, I will be right there".
At the store, every time we pass by someone he will tell them he has a baby sister and that she is "sooooo tiny".
When Sonja is having tummy time, Drake will lie right by her and talk to her.
And I am pretty sure Sonja loves him just as much.
She is going to learn so much from him (good and bad).
I know that she is just going to follow him around everywhere.
It just makes me so happy to see them together.
I love them so much and am so blessed to be able to watch them grow and learn.
Motherhood is hard, but it is definitely worth it!
And I am looking forward to many more "wow" moments.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww, that does pull at those heart strings. Sounds like Drake is such a great big brother. :)

Alana said...

that makes me cry-sooo sweet! i just love that little boy so much. he is so precious. i cannot wait to meet the little lady. i had a dream about her just last night- and cant wait to hold her!