Tuesday, December 17, 2013

5 Years Old!

My little boy is 5!  Wow!  He is such a smart, sweet boy who definitely has a strong personality.  He keeps me on my toes and has no problems telling it how he sees it.  But he is also such a little sweetheart.  He loves to cuddle with me, he can be so sweet to his sisters, and really all he wants to do is play.  For the most part he is a happy little guy.  Right now we are just dealing with why we don't always get to do exactly what we want and how to react to situations that makes him upset.  Drake is also such a smart kid!  I taught him to read this summer and was so proud of how quickly he picked that up.  We have kind of slacked on keeping up with the reading the last couple months but he still does a great job. I think I am going to start working on math with him after the holidays.  He loves school and can't wait to start Kindergarten next year.  His teachers say that he is at the top of his class even though he is the youngest so we are really proud of him (he is in a special class for kids who turn 5 by December to get them ready for Kindergarten).  He is such a social little guy!  He wants to play with his friends all the time!  He even set up a few play dates at school with his friends without either of them talking to the adults about it.  We got home from school and Drake asked where his friend was and how he was supposed to follow us home.  His friends mom and I had no idea about it.  Haha!  I love watching the Drake grow and be the boy that he is turning into.  Sometimes I look at him and can't believe that he is so big!  And to be honest there are other times when I look at him and wonder why he is acting so young.  Haha. 

Drake - you are my favorite little boy! I love you so much and you have played a huge role in making me the person I am today.  You are only 5 but you have changed my life in so many ways.  I love watching you play with Sonja and help with Lucy. I love seeing how smart and fun you are.  And I even love it when you are fighting back because that means you have a strong personality and are not afraid to be you.  Happy Birthday Drakey!

No comments: