Thursday, May 6, 2010

Books!!!

So I love reading! When I read I feel like it is reality or like a movie is playing in my head. I have so much fun pretending to be these different characters in their complicated, unrealistic lives. Lately I have been reading 3-4 books a month. I can't wait to start each new book and get so excited when I am finishing one. When we moved out here to Wisconsin I knew I needed to do something so that I could meet people so I decided to start a book club. It has been so much fun! I have enjoyed reading all of the books that we have read so far, even though there are a few that I would never have picked up for myself to read. Last month we read "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. I absolutely loved it!I devoured it and Catching Fire (the second one in the series of three) in 5 days. It is a super easy quick read so I highly recommend it. To be honest when I heard about it I didn't really know what to think. The person that recommended it to me told me that it is about kids killing each other. Doesn't sound like the best book, right? Well, it is. You will just have to trust me. There is a third one in the series but it doesn't come out until August (I think), I can't wait!

This month we are reading is "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein. I am not quite sure what this one is about yet but I will let you know when I am finished. I am going to start posting the book of the month so stay tuned if you are interested!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my, I am dying for the final book to come out!! I didn't really want to read it either since my isters told me they were science fiction and that kids were killing eachother. But I also read them both in about five days. So good! Another book that I jsut read was called "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society." I guess it's kind of a popular book right now, but it is so cute. I loved it!

Alana said...

i love the hunger games! i read both books so fast! they were so fascinating.... its funny i just wrote a post yesterday about reading books! you will have to let me know if you find anymore that are awesome and fun to read!

Teisa Linscott said...

Hunger Games might just be my favorite book of all time!

Minda and Scott Waltman said...

Yeah, I am getting closer on the waiting list for Hunger Games I can't wait to read it. One book I just read that I liked was "The Graveyard Book: by Neil Gaiman. Really easy read. More adult ones i have read recently would be the The Book Thief (sadder book so if you want something light this is not it. Also, A great FBI mystery series is Mariah Stewarts, Last, Truth, and Dead series.

Unknown said...

I LOVED Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I'm also very excited for the third book. It's great when you come across a book that is just so hard to put down. Your book club sounds like a lot of fun.