Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!!!

I like to think that I have always been appreciative of my mom. She is a strong woman who raised my sister and I in a loving and fun home. She showed us what a healthy family life and marriage is all about and that we not only should have that but deserve it. She has always been there for us, even in our teenage years when, lets face it, we didn't have the best of relationships. I look back and feel like I have always tried to show my mom how much I appreciate her and how much I love her. We have always been a pretty affectionate family (aside from my sister), so I never had a problem going up to her and giving her a hug and telling her I love her. I definitely told her how much I loved her and how she is "the best mom ever!" on every birthday, mothers day, Christmas, etc. I have always known how lucky I am to have such a wonderful mom and family. However, now that I am a mom myself I can honestly say that I really did not understand how great of a mom she is. Being a mom is the hardest and most fulfilling thing I have ever experienced and I am only 16 months in. Feeling the love I have for Drake is overwhelming and bewildering. I am so lucky that I not only have my mom to draw on but Chris's mom as well. We are so lucky to have two great role models to look to. They both raised strong, loving and amazing families. I can only hope that I can and will do the same! Thank you mom and Lani for everything you have done for me and my family. I truly do appreciate everything you guys do and have done. We love you both so much and hope that you always know and can feel our love. So to my mom, mother-in-law, sister, sister's-in-law, and all the other wonderful mom's out there, Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

mom said...

Thank you Jenna. I couldn't be more proud of the mother's and wives that both you and your sister have become!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Mom

Teisa Linscott said...

Happy
Mothers
Day
to
you!!!

Michelle said...

What a great tribute! I loved reading it.