Sunday, December 18, 2011

Drakey is 3!


My baby boy is 3! I just can't believe it. He is so much fun and full of so much energy. I don't know where I would be without him. He is the craziest, funniest, sweetest boy. We just decided to do a small birthday party for him this year (which worked out great since I had strep). Drake asked to have his best friend Oliver and his family over so we had them come for lunch. Drake requested PB and J for lunch. Actually, he had special requests for all the meals. For breakfast he asked for coffee cake, lunch was PB and J, chocolate cake and chocolate frosting, lightning crackers for snacks, and shrimp and noodles for dinner. He is so funny!

Here are some fun facts about Drakey:
-He loves music and is always singing or humming
-He is obsessed with letters and makes letters out of everything, he has informed me that a candy cane is a J, a slice of a green pepper looks like a C, his PB & J looks like a A when he eats the middle out of it, he makes sticks look like T's, etc.
- He is learning how to write his letters, right now he can draw a O, T, sometimes D, P, & A.
- He can count to 15 and with a little coaching can get to 20.
-He loves cars, still, and is always carrying one around (usually Lightning McQueen).
- He also loves animals.
- He has a cute imagination and is always pretending to be a tiger, lion, Curious George, etc.
- He is the sweetest big brother!
- His favorite color is red.
- He definitely is trying to push the limits lately.
- He is into the "why" stage. "Why you doing that?", "But why?", "What does that do?", etc.
- And he has so much energy! He literally does not stop all day. But he is so much fun!


Here is the cake we made for him. Actually Chris was nice and did it all himself since I wasn't feeling well.


Chris and I gave Drake the CARS Wii game and steering wheels. Drake is a little young for it still but he still was excited to try to play it.

Sonja all dressed up for her brothers party.

Man, I just love these three!

Happy Birthday Drakey Boy!
I Love You!

2 comments:

Minda and Scott Waltman said...

Okay so I thought just a normal cake. Wow Chris is talented. I would botch something like that. I also can't believe Sonja is sitting up like that already. She seems bigger already. Hope Scott doesn't drive you crazy.

Gramma Great said...

WOW, Chris! What a cake that is. You could have a side job making and decorating cakes. All 3 of his cakes have been awesome. Darling pictures you guys.
Love you all.
Grandma