Monday, June 21, 2010

Drake's first art project!

Other than coloring (or as Drake says "Daw") this was Drake's first art project. I decided to have him make something for Chris for Father's day. Awhile ago I heard of finger painting with pudding in case your kid likes to eat everything. I wanted to try it and it was pretty fun. The finished project isn't spectacular, but that is okay.


We wish we could have made one for my dad and Chris's dad but I don't think they would do very well in the mail. The pudding doesn't dry all of the way, so we just kept them in our thoughts while we did it. Sorry Dad and Doug!

Drake had fun but he actually wanted to just run around outside in his diaper. Silly guy!


We went for a hike (well, lets be honest, it was more like a nature walk) this weekend. Drake loved it! Mostly he just loved the rocks and running away from us.



"Flower"


"Cheese"


The local climbing gym out here had free climbing day for Father's and their families. So we had to take advantage. I wasn't sure about taking Drake, but he had a blast!

just hanging here while dad climbs.

Yep, that is my husband!


Drake didn't love the harness we put on him, he kept trying to take it off. He would much rather just do it himself .... Scary!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures of Drake in the bucket hat. I also think it's great that you guys are all into climbing together... even if it makes you a little nervous with Drake (I know I would be).

Mom said...

Jenna - you could enter those pictures of Drake sitting on the ground with the flower in his hand - and win a baby photo contest. They are toooooo cute!

I MISS YOU ALL!!!!!